Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Girl in Seat 11-B

It was Thanksgiving break.  I couldn’t wait to get home, mostly to see my best friend Brent, and my little nephew who turned one not too long ago.  Of course it would be good to see my mom and dad, and my sister and brother in law again as well.  So I prepared myself to have some fun, but also to get the ranch ready for the coming winter months.  I sat there in the airport waiting for my plane, thinking about the various trips I had taken between Salt Lake City, Utah, and San Jose, California.  I generally got pretty bad seats and sat next to either a smelly man, obnoxious kids, or someone who snored the whole way there.  As our plane came in, I found myself last in line to get on the plane.  “Here we go again” I thought to myself.  “How nice it would be to actually sit next to someone friendly.”  I stepped on to the plane after everyone was nearly seated and saw the one empty seat which was obviously for me.  As each step drew me closer I noticed the most beautiful head of hair next to that one empty seat. “Tell me that’s my seat”, I said inside.  As I drew nearer, I discovered one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen sitting in the seat next to mine.  I got my things secured and sat down.  As I began to get to know my new friend Heather I saw something very special in her as we talked for the entirety of the trip.  I knew that this would be the best airplane ride I would ever take.
…and it was, I just forgot to get her number.

1 comment:

  1. Great title---I had to read this one. What if she was the one, and you didn't get the number?

    ReplyDelete